Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Colorful Happy (big) Day CASE


I've mentioned before how much I love to CASE other people's work. I rarely ever stick strictly to the original design, but it's a great jumping off point when my creativity is stuck somewhere, and lately I think allergies have been inhibiting the creative juices from flowing. Yay for "Spring" in New Mexico. 

While browsing on Pinterest, I found Carol Lovenstein's cute birthday card and because it used Candy Dots (I had almost a million to use), it caught my eye. And then when I started to make it, I realized this card is a great card to use scraps! After I finished making this card, I looked back and thought: wow, this is a fun card! 

I originally made the card in the landscape orientation, but tried it out in the portrait orientation and liked it so much better. There's all sorts of variations you can do. Go ahead. CASE it!


Stampin' Tips:

  • Colors scheme: Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green 
  • Stamp Set: Chalk Talk
  • Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Chalk Talk framelits, Regals Candy Dots 
  • Frame your Whisper White cardstock by cutting the Crushed Curry cardstock 1/4" bigger than the Whisper White. 
  • Use the non-scalloped pennant from the Petite Pennants Builder punch to cut out the triangles. Position the pennants on the card stock and arrange them to your liking before adhering. I started by positioning the middle pieces (Island Indigo and Cajun Craze) as a starting point. I then positioned the rest of the pennants around these. 
  • Stick a coordinating Candy Dot on each pennant. 
  • Stamp the "Happy Big Day" greeting in Island Indigo and use the coordinating framelit from the Chalk Talk set to cut it. Adhere over the pennants using a Dimensional. 
Another thing I love about this card is that it's a versatile card due to the "Happy Big Day" sentiment. I'm thinking it can be used for graduations, weddings, birthdays, retirements, etc. People have all sorts of big days and I hope they are all happy. 

Happy "Big Day" of Stampin', 
Cita 

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...