Friday, January 11, 2013

Book Buddies!


First of all, I'm totally biased, but I think my daughter is absolutely adorable. :) What do you think?

Ok, back to business.

This week, I entered my first My Digital Studio challenge over on MyDigitalStudio.Net, the website for all things My Digital Studio. This site has amazing samples, video tutorials, forums, and challenges all related to helping you make the most out of MDS.

This week's challenge called for an entry using any download released in December 2012. I remembered seeing the Book Buddies download and thinking that it would be a great set to use for all my pictures of the Booger reading books, in particular this set of pics of her and the daddy reading "Go Train Go!", which is one of her favorite books. The download is advertised as book marks, but comes with 8 embellishments and 3 stamps that can be used in more ways than for book marks, as I did in this page. 

What's more, I used two "new" features that allow you to make the text wavy, as I did with the white text toward the bottom of the page. Holly Linford has a great video tutorial to show you how to do this.


Another great feature of MDS2 is the ability to crop embellishments or stamps. See those stack of books? Here's the original embellishment.


I cropped the fox out of view and then copied and pasted the result to get a pile of books. You can't see it very well, but if you look closely, I was also able to recolor several of the books. MDS2 is amazing. I love playing with it.

Anyways, check out my entry on the MDS website and like it. I'm hoping that there will be many more challenges I can participate in this year. You don't have to be a demonstrator to participate. If you don't have MDS, check out the 30-day free trial. You won't regret it.

Happy Stampin' and Digital Designing!

~Cita 

No comments:

Snowed In

It's like we were destined to not go to school today. I woke up to a beautiful 6 inches of snow in my yard. We are in the lower elevatio...